Mergers and acquisitions
We advise on the sale and purchase of businesses across all sectors. Our clients include companies, individuals or management teams buying or selling shares or assets. We assist through all stages of the deal process: from structuring and heads of terms through to due diligence, contractual negotiation and drafting, financing issues and completion. Our extensive experience and commercial, pragmatic approach will ensure that you achieve the best terms.
We advise on the legalities of running a company in the United Kingdom which might include:
- Establishing companies, limited liability partnerships or other corporate entities
- Assisting with shareholders’ agreements or joint venture structures and agreements
- Working to help you achieve your financing aims be they seed or early stage equity fundraising or debt and security. We have experience of working closely with SEIS/EIS advisers and within SEIS/EIS clearance
- Restructurings, reorganisations and demergers
- Changes to share ownership or management
- Corporate governance for SMEs and larger UK located entities with more onerous reporting requirements
- Fund or investment banking activities and structuring
- Director/ shareholder issues, including advising directors on their statutory duties
Our team members have extensive, specialist experience in the private equity and venture capital arena. They have been in-house at a number of venture capital houses and are therefore used to dealing with and negotiating the key points which are crucial in these types of transactions.